Engineer - Advanced Military Materials
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies, or systems that meet business standards and program/product requirements.
- Provide technical materials application guidance to personnel supporting the assigned project.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
- Create and execute materials characterization test programs with the appropriate teams to deliver test data and generate design curves required to achieve program milestones.
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
- Document technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Lead application-specific efforts such as part drawing review / approvals, definition / approval of supplier manufacturing technology plan(s), vendor substantiation evaluations / qualifications, and quality plan documentation.
- Support delivery of raw material / finished parts to meet test plan / schedule.
- B.S. in Materials Engineering, Materials Science, Metallurgy or related field from an accredited university or college
- Active US DOD Security Clearance must be held and maintained for this position
- >75% of work must be performed on-site, in person
- Work or research experience in Metallic Materials, Ceramic Matrix Composite Materials, or Coatings
- Master of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering position
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Solid oral and written communication skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 10 Jan 2022
Closes 8 Feb 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer