CMC Process Analytics Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving robust industrialization of Asheville components.
- Develop visual Statistical Process Control (SPC) and predictive analytical tools to simplify and drive Cpk's and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) at each process step to meet Business goals.
- Find and interpret data sources, manage large amounts of data, merge data sources together, ensure consistency of data sets, create visualization to aid in understanding of data, communicates insights/findings in simplified way to reach people who do not understand the complex statistics.
- Partner with cross-functional data analysts and digital technologies to drive actions on the appropriate drivers of each process step.
- Take ownership of Asheville products to establish process capability (Cpk) and drive to Business yield goals.
- Partner with Process and Quality Engineering teams to drive process control and maximize yield.
- Partner with the CMC Integrated Product Team (IPT) cross-functionally (such as Materials Applications Engineers (MAE's), Design Engineers, Quality, etc.) to establish predictive means of understanding material correlation with manufacturing processes that impact yield.
- Use this data to drive the process to be insensitive to material. This data will also drive rigor around material specifications and drawing tolerance limits that have implications to yield.
- Responsible for driving special projects to ensure effective industrialization through process and production improvements.
- Work boundlessly with all organizations, both hourly & non-exempt (including Cincinnati, Huntsville, Newark, Asheville, etc.) in enabling effective parts/product/process industrialization yields.
- Work both autonomously as well as collaboratively in identifying needs while providing proactive support to manufacturing teams in enhancing production yield and process capability.
- Articulate progression of projects to all facets of the Business (including technicians, process engineers, site leadership & executive business leaders) ensuring efforts support business goals & objectives.
- Perform other duties as needed to support 24x7 manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or related technical field from an accredited university or college related to materials, quality, manufacturing, data analytics science, and/or process engineering.
- Experience in data analytics and/or Data visualization.
- Experience in scripting with Python or R.
- Ability & willingness to support 24x7 manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated driver of improving yield and/or process capabilities of manufacturing processes leveraging statistical analysis and/or process control.
- Strong experience adapting to Business needs & flexibility in changing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong mathematical, analytical, communication (written/oral) & presentation skills.
- Ability to differentiate & manage competing priorities.
- Proven history of sense of urgency in supporting production needs.
- Experience supporting and/or working in composite (PMC and/or CMC) design, quality, testing, analysis, specification, processing and/or manufacturing environment.
- Strong experience with data visualization tools such as Spotfire.
- Proven track record of collaborative engagement in manufacturing environment & delivering results.
- DMAIC and/or DFSS Green Belt and/or passion for driving Continuous Process Improvement.
- Strong experience developing and/or driving PFMEA & Control mechanisms.
- Strong experience driving Root Cause Analysis / Corrective Action (RCCA) within A3 quality format.
- Experience & understanding of measurement of process capability & passion for driving process capability entitlement.
- Experience in defining strategies & delivering exceptional results.
- Experience in influencing others / building team collaboration / acceptance.
- Ability & willingness to expand expertise in statistical analysis.
- Full time
Posted 10 Jan 2022
Closes 8 Feb 2022
This job was posted to: Planning engineer