Large Military and Derivative Engines - Fluid Systems Senior Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Staff Engineer demonstrates leadership and program/technical accountability of products, solutions, and systems. In this role, you will identify/integrate/develop existing and new processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of pumps, actuators, and mechanical controls for our legacy military and derivative products.
- Use sound engineering principles and adhere to business standards, practices, procedures, and product & program requirements.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a fluid system controls and mechanical design. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Exhibit autonomy to make decisions within a defined requirements framework while resolving design challenges in situations which require technical knowledge & judgment.
- Reviews designs & consults with senior technical leaders for evaluation of work.
- This role will require sound interpersonal skills to develop strong internal and external customer relationships by serving as an interface point within GE.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited University or College.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD security clearance
- Experience with pumps, actuators, or valves.
- Passionate about giving & receiving mentorship
- Able to work both in a team and individually
- Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Complex component, module, or systems level analysis and/or hardware expertise
- Demonstrated ability to document, plan and manage programs
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in coordination / collaboration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 10 Jan 2022
Closes 8 Feb 2022
This job was posted to: Product support