Design & Structures Engineer
- easyJet - 40 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports.
This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing - whether that's part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - because it's clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us you'll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible.
Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture - known as our orange spirit - is a real thing - and its people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
Our Design and Structures team is responsible for handling all structural damage, repairs and modifications on our single aisle Airbus fleet as well as performing Part M / CAMO functions to ensure Continued Airworthiness.
The word 'Design' in our title refers to our Part 21 Subpart J Design Organisation Approval (DOA). Using this approval, we have the capability to approve minor modifications, repairs and unrepaired damage.
As a Structures subject matter expert, you will be required to generate structural repair files for aircraft departing the fleet at End of Lease (EOL), attend off-site inspections with the lessor and resolve any resulting queries in a timely manner.
You'll ensure Service Bulletin (SB) and Airworthiness Directive (AD) compliance, confirming applicability and ensuring engineering requirements are accomplished within stipulated timescales.
In addition to being a focal point for structural issues, you'll also advise and coordinate with other areas of the business on matters including cabin interiors, branding, safety equipment, external livery, placards and markings.
You'll be contributing to support our round-the-clock Part 21 'on-call' cover for the front line operation, sometimes when our customers are at the departure gate or even on board our aircraft.
We are committed to easyJet's Safety Policy and will look to you to perform investigations into Safety Reports, identifying root cause, preventative actions and corrective actions.
With such a comprehensive skill base within this key Engineering function, you will actively steer easyJet to achieve an important part of 'Our Plan' to seamlessly connect Europe with the warmest welcome in the sky.
- Help deliver a successful aircraft End of Lease (EOL) programme for aircraft departing the fleet.
- You will join a roster providing 24/7 Part 21 standby cover as part of your job function.
- You will work in co-ordination with easyJet's Maintenance Control Department to minimise the effect of structural defects on the easyJet operation
- Whilst working under easyJet's Design Organisation Approval you will comply with the requirements of easyJet's Design Organisation Handbook and Design Organisation Procedures
- Liaison and correspondence with Type Certificate Holders, Supplemental Type Certificate Holders and third party Design Organisations on technical and commercial issues
- As part of the team responsible for aircraft structures you will play an essential role in the management of in-service damage and accomplishment of resultant rectification actions in a timely and efficient manner
- Travel within the United Kingdom and internationally, occasionally at short notice and outside of normal working hours to apply your expertise to support Aircraft On Ground (AOG) events and EOL inspections
- Provide support to the Fleet Engineering EASA Part M / Part CAMO function.
- Full time
Posted 7 Jan 2022
Closes 6 Feb 2022
This job was posted to: Design engineer