Sheet Metal Worker
- SR Technics - 57 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/sr-technics/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/50aa1ef0-4c1f-4e8a-9c4b-879ed348d229131304399098264656.png
The Sheet Metal Worker carries out maintenance tasks on aircraft structural elements and components according to one's current authorization level and training received. Tasks mainly consist of carrying out self-inspections, assisting during the accomplishment of damage assessments, performing damage repairs, component/part replacements and embodiment of aircraft modifications.
- Perform self-inspections, assist with damage assessments and perform damage repairs, component/ part replacements and embodiment of aircraft modifications, depending on the complexity of the task at hand. These should be performed according to one's current authorization level and sign-off privileges and by referring to the relevant approved repair manuals;
- Support and assist the Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Permission Level 3) as necessary, within the respective "aircraft zone / section";
- Contribute directly towards an efficient workflow during the respective ground time input by;
- Apply the correct clocking of job cards;
- Advise in a timely manner to the respective Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Permission Level 3) the requirement for repair parts and repair materials;
- Support the respective Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Permission Level 3) and Structures Team Leader by accomplishing assigned tasks in a timely and efficient way;
- Update non-routine job cards and sign off of work performed in a timely manner, ensuring that the above is carried out according to SRT qualification profile and sign off privileges;
- Report job status during handover at the end of shift;
- Adhere to company procedures, maintaining safety and quality standards at all times, reporting any discrepancies to one's respective Manager/Team Leader and generate SMS reports as necessary;
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment according to in-house 5S principles, including the proper usage of tooling;
- Maintain and carries out regular tool box inventory checks;
- Manage and maintain one's personal logbook and training records;
- Promote a positive safety culture and to ensure that the safety and quality policy is communicated, promoted and implemented within the organization;
- Ensure that all elements of the SMS are properly implemented, maintained and continuously improved by fulfilling all SMS related duties and responsibilities as defined in SMS manual;
- Engage in other duties and/or projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ideally in possession a sheet metal course or an equivalent technical course;
- Possess a minimum of 3 months of experience within structure mechanics work in aviation or equivalent industry experience and demonstrated competence;
- Be able to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Be computer literate with adequate knowledge of MS office applications;
- Be able to communicate well in English;
- Be a good team player.
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aircraft maintenance business. Only direct applications will be considered.
SR Technics is one of the world's leading providers of technical solutions to airlines. Through our integrated service solutions we make sure our customer airlines have airworthy aircraft ready and available to fly. To and from any destination. Around the clock, around the globe.
- Full time
Posted 3 Jan 2022
Closes 2 Feb 2022
This job was posted to: Fabricator