Finance Manager - Financial Accounting
- easyJet - 38 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better by:
- Maintaining significant liquidity of £2.9 billion and an investment-grade balance sheet, having raised more than £5.5 billion during the pandemic
- O ur schedule remains focused on positive contribution flying
- We continue to deliver on our major restructuring and cost reduction programme, which will support improved margins and reduce seasonality for the future. (We are expecting the programme to deliver around £500 million in savings in 2021 with almost half of that being sustainable)
We want you to play a part in this and #belongherewithus.
Reporting to the Group Chief Accountant, the Finance Manager - Financial Accounting is an integral member of the Group Financial Control team. The role sits within the GFC team who are responsible for closing the financial books at the end of each month, as well as the internal (to AMB and PLC) and external financial reporting (half year and Annual Reports) of easyJet.
The Finance Manager - Financial Accounting is responsible for the consolidation of easyJet's group financial accounting, secondary review of the balance sheet, P&L variance analysis, and the co-ordination of a robust financial close process
Accounting and Close Process
- Has responsibility for co-ordinating the group-wide month end close process, including sign off from the Group Financial Controller and CFO on the consolidated results
- Supports the consolidation process of all operational, commercial and central cost centres through production of templates, timetables and a robust close cycle
- Ensures the financial accuracy of the Group and entity balance sheet; including leading the consolidated balance sheet reconciliation review processes and challenge
- Completes detailed reviews and analysis that ensures the accuracy of our accounting and postings in line with easyJet accounting policies
- Leads reconciliations on central accounts including suspense, balance sheet trackers, and judgement areas
- Establishes strong collaborative relationships in order to support the Treasury and FP&A teams; feed financials for accurate forecasting.
- Supports the annual audit process including close relationship with auditors and managing co-ordination of audit deliverables
- Supports quarterly external reporting process with the wider Group Financial Control team
- Leads balance sheet and pre-close review meetings
- Supports the Group Financial Controller in Audit Committee judgement papers
- Contributes to the key finance policy decisions and overall responsibility to govern polices within the accounting areas area
- Has experience of providing subject matter expertise to a diverse and demanding set of stakeholders.
- Designs, conducts, and directs other staffs regarding accounting and analysis that produces actionable insights.
Continuous improvement, Communication and Financial Control
- Supports key accounting system continuous improvement, alongside the IT development team and Accounting SME's
- Develops a strong working relationship with both internal Audit and external audit.
- Supports the robustness of the internal financial control (IFC) environment; working with Finance SME's to ensure controls are robust
- Building and maintaining a strong understanding of the accounting systems to support development and understanding of Finance SME's
- Supports re-engineering and driving standardisation across key processes
- Collaborates with Finance SME's and business teams across easyJet to implement relevant improvements and other measurements to assist in improving the close process
This is a senior role and as such there is a large degree of self-management. Delegated authorities lists outline the business authorities but this role has a high degree of day to day accounting responsibility.
- Full time
Posted 21 Nov 2021
Closes 21 Dec 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance