Senior Finance Manager - Technical & Subsidiaries
- easyJet - 40 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better by -
- Maintaining significant liquidity of 2.9 billion and an investment-grade balance sheet, having raised more than 5.5 billion during the pandemic
- Our schedule remains focused on positive contribution flying
- We continue to deliver on our major restructuring and cost reduction programme, which will support improved margins and reduce seasonality for the future. (We are expecting the programme to deliver around £500 million in savings in 2021 with almost half of that being sustainable)
We want you to play a part in this and #belongherewithus .
The SFM Technical & Subsidiary Accountant is an integral member of the Group financial management team, reporting into the Group Financial Controller, who is responsible for ensuring a robust month end processes, plus accuracy of all internal and external financial reporting including Airline Management Board (AMB), PLC Board, key performance indicators, half and full year external audits and annual report and statutory accounts.
This role exists to ensure easyJet's accounting and external financial reporting are technically compliant, accurate and of a reasonable standard compared with peer group (FTSE100), and that the easyJet Board and senior management have appropriate understanding of the technical accounting environment relevant to the business. In addition, this role provides complete end to end financial management for easyJet's subsidiaries including business partnering, financial planning, accounting, controls, management, and statutory reporting.
- Manage the implementation of new accounting standards, including detailed understanding, impact analysis, implementation process, disclosure preparation and communication with Board and Senior Management.
- Prepare and present reports to the Audit Committee and senior management on technical matters.
- Active involvement in new projects/business change to ensure that accounting implications are fully understood.
- Lead the asset impairment review process and annual review of residual values and useful economic lives
- Be the first point of contact for accounting technical questions from across the business
- Assist in the preparation of technical areas of the Annual Report (e.g. change in accounting policies) and review the whole Annual Report for technical compliance, best practice disclosure and accuracy.
- Review easyJet's other statutory financial statements for compliance with local GAAP and legal regulations.
- Oversee production and maintenance of the group accounting manual, taking responsibility for drafting of complex areas.
- Keep up to date with technical advancements and assess the impact on easyJet.
- Work alongside third-party providers to arrange quarterly technical briefings to develop the wider finance team's technical skills.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Financial Control team to ensure successful delivery of the team's objectives.
- Build constructive relationships both internally, specifically to include tax and treasury, and externally, with easyJet's external auditors and other accountancy firms.
- Provides a true Business Partner framework to the subsidiaries ensuring that the business owners located outside easyJet head office are always supported with the right insight and information.
- Production of legal entity budgets including integration with Group-wide budget
- Responsibility for all control and accounting activities for the subsidiaries including the timely production and review of all balance sheet reconciliations and journals in accordance with easyJet accounting policies
- Production of month end reporting packs and consolidated insight for Accountable Managers of each entity
- Produce and present finance updates to quarterly Board meetings for subsidiary AOC's
- Oversees and governs all intercompany relationships within the Group and ensures they comply with transfer pricing arrangements
- Completion of all regulatory requirements and reporting across multiple jurisdictions, plus provide financial support to management at external meetings (advisors and/or regulators) as required
- Own the Swiss benefit pension scheme process
- Ensuring the RACM matrix is updated and all evidence of controls is provided on a timely basis
- Manage the audit process for subsidiaries e
- Full time
Posted 13 Nov 2021
Closes 13 Dec 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance