Finance Manager - Group Technical Accountant
- easyJet - 40 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
As a key member of the Group Financial Control (GFC) team, this role will report into the Senior Finance Manager -Subsidiary and Technical Accounting, providing technical accounting guidance to the business. The role sits within the GFC team who are responsible for closing the financial books at the end of each month, as well as the internal (to AMB and PLC) and external financial reporting (half year and Annual Reports) of easyJet.
This role exists to ensure easyJet complies with all technical accounting and reporting requirements, including ensuring that:
- easyJet's accounting and external financial reporting are technically compliant, accurate and of a reasonable standard compared with peer group (FTSE 100).
- easyJet Board and senior management have appropriate understanding of the technical accounting environment relevant to the business.
- accounting considerations of key changes/projects are fully considered.
- Support on the co-ordination and implementation of new accounting standards, including detailed understanding of the standard, impact analysis on easyJet, the implementation process, disclosure preparation and communication with Board and Senior Management.
- Be responsible for assisting the business on ad-hoc queries on accounting technical matters.
- Prepare reports to the Audit Committee and senior management on technical matters.
- Active involvement in new projects/business change to ensure that accounting implications are fully understood.
- Produce the annual impairment model to review the value in use of easyJet assets by CGU. Work closely with financial planning and analysis team to ensure future projections in the model are consistent with board approved plans.
- Assist in the preparation of technical areas of the Annual Report (e.g. change in accounting policies) and review the whole Annual Report for technical compliance, best practice disclosure and accuracy.
- Review easyJet's other statutory financial statements for compliance with local GAAP and legal regulations.
- Ensure easyjet accounting policies are up to date and fully documented.
- Keep up to date with technical advancements and assess the impact on easyJet.
- Build constructive relationships both internally, specifically to include tax, treasury, FP&A and externally, with easyJet's external auditors and other accountancy firms.
- Full time
Posted 8 Nov 2021
Closes 8 Dec 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance