Service Design and Transition Manager
- easyJet - 39 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better - and we want you to play a part in that and #belongherewithus.
We know that flexibility, balance and wellbeing are more important than ever right now. Whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - we are always #happytotalkflex.
We're Europe's leading airline - with a network of over 1000 routes across 35 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel easier and great value for our customer.
We have also been named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. We support. We empower. We excite. And we do it our way. We're uniquely different. We're easyJet.
Reporting into the Service Delivery Manager, this role leads Service Design and Transition activities for their area/s, forging relationships with key stakeholders to ensure successful transitions of new/changed services from design to live, and ensuring that Service Design and Transition policies and procedures are applied and followed:
- Ensures that new services transition into production smoothly and can be operated in a way that is consistent with agreed service levels and agreed operational cost model.
- Manages the quality and implementation of changes to production services, through Release Management methodologies and governance of Change Control.
- Is responsible for the quality of all IT releases into the live environment, managing and controlling the release process of new internally and externally developed software, upgrades and other developments.
- Will monitor, manage and resolve issues; whilst continually striving to improve service, and ensuring that all processes, procedures and deliverables are closely aligned to the Project Management and Software development methodologies, and pro-actively identifying opportunities for improvement.
Ensure that projects, new services, releases and changes move smoothly from development into production, ensuring compliance of all easyJet IT teams and third party suppliers with the Service Introduction, Release Management and Change processes:
- Ensure that Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) are captured and defined for all new / changed IT Services, including Quality, Capacity, Availability, Continuity, Cost, Support model, Monitoring, Reporting and Security needs.
- Contribute to development of a set of core NFRs/operational service standards.
- Manages and controls the criteria for service acceptance and operational readiness of new /changed services, ensuring that Operational Acceptance Criteria (OACs) are defined for all NFRs.
- Ensure appropriate Service Design is considered for new / changed services, with support models defined, agreed, in place and tested for go-live.
- Ensuring that go / no go criteria are met and any exceptions / risks are managed and communicated
- Ensure operational readiness of new services, i.e. they are delivered into production at the agreed quality and initial capacity, meet agreed customer / user expectations, and have defined, agreed and embedded support processes, and with OACs proven to be met prior to transition into production.
- Ensure that the stability of the production environment is preserved when new or changed services go live, and that risks are clearly understood and agreed to by all stakeholders
- Ensure that the Total Cost of Ownership of new services is known and capacity cost models are understood.
- Manage compliance with easyJet's Service Design and Transition, Release and Change processes, ensuring that all IT Teams, including Project Managers, Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, and Technical teams understand and engage with the Service Design and Transition processes.
- Identification and Coordination of resources required for Service Design and Transition activities.
- Ownership, governance, management and improvement of the Release Management process for IT services within the assigned area/s. Establish and maintain Release Management processes for IT services that do not yet have defined release processes.
- Act as a point of escalation for all Service Design and Transition activities for the assigned area/s.
Key Performance Indicators
- % of Service Design requirement specifications produced for new services.
- % of Service Design Packages (SDPs) completed for new
- Full time
Posted 14 Oct 2021
Closes 13 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer