2nd Shift Team Leader - Production Supervision Manager
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
The production Supervision Manager will manage the daily operations of CMC plant to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line. The chosen applicant will provide leadership fostering a culture of continuous improvement and teaming to meet all safety, quality, delivery, cost, and performance goals for the products.
- Oversight and management of front-line manufacturing employees
- Typically managing hourly employee populations
- Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent
- Works together with people from the business unit
- Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues
- Communicates with direct team and supervisor
- Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research
- Motivate team(s) to achieve goals in asset utilization, process and manufacturing loss improvement, delivered quality, delivery, and cost reduction
- Work closely with team(s) to understand business and financial metrics to enhance individual and team skills
- Encourage an environment of continuous improvement for all assigned products and processes
- Effectively communicate key issues to the team
- Ensure fair and consistent application of company and departmental policies and practices
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing, operations and/or leadership role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills (including experience directly leading people)
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 14 Oct 2021
Closes 12 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager