Production Control Expeditor
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
Job Description Role and Responsibilities
- The Production Control Expeditor will coordinate, communicate, and expedite the flow of products and materials to and from suppliers, internal and external customers, to meet scheduled delivery requirements.
- Use associated production-control related tools, processes, and systems to transfer products and materials in an efficient and effective manner, to meet schedule commitments.
- Perform investigative analyses to identify issues, determine solutions, execute on plans of action, and validate results to ensure solution achievement.
- Generate, disseminate, and retain related documents, records, and reports. Provide communication updates. Conduct job-related training sessions when required.
Job Tasks May Include:
- Reviewing workflow schedules to determine priorities and regulate and direct material-flow, by generating production starts, making lot-size adjustments, addressing material shortages, changing work orders, etc., to meet delivery requirements of the Business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs.)
- Monitoring and resolving material-flow quality issues by performing investigative root-cause analysis, determining corrective actions, directing, implementing, and following-through on actions.
- Maintain data quality integrity within plant fulfillment operating systems by analyzing issues, determining, and implementing corrective actions as issues arise.
- Collaborating with Business Delivery Leader to develop customer commitment strategies and updating Critical Material Tracking (CMT) system accordingly.
- Communicating material-flow in-process schedules and completion status updates to business partners.
- Evaluating and determining the most efficient and cost-effective shipping solutions for material transportation.
- Evaluating material inventory and implementing process improvements to reduce and eliminate aged work-in-process (WIP), raw material and finished goods.
- Resolving product and material shortages by initiating contact and coordinating with vendors, suppliers, planners, etc., to discuss issue, develop a plan of action, and execute on the resolution required to meet schedule commitments.
- Conducting required training sessions with production control team-members.
- Generating required production control related reports and disseminating information to stakeholders.
- Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, records, etc., as required.
- Providing support in preparation and execution of physical-inventory.
- Perform related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, production-flow, continuous improvement job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs.
- Training duties as identified.
- High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing operations field; Or
- Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 18-months of experience in manufacturing operations; Or
- Associate degree in a technical-related field from an accredited college with a minimum of 6-months experience in manufacturing operations or mechanical engineering.
- Proven ability in working independently without supervision.
- Proven ability in managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated communications skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing problem-solving/root-cause analysis processes to identify and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated experience in executing and following-through on resolutions.
- Demonstrated experience in plant fulfillment disciplines to include production control or material flow.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating and collaborating with others to address and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or web-based management systems.
- Experience in leading or participating in continuous improvement initiatives i.e., Action Work-Out (AWO), Lean, etc.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust work schedule to include working overtime, job re-assignment, etc., when required, to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctua
- Full time
Posted 14 Oct 2021
Closes 12 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Air traffic control