Electrical Machine Lead Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Garching an der Alz, Bayern, Germany
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform the electromagnetic analysis for electric machine design
- Lead/support the electromagnetic design of electric machine
- Collaborate with the thermal and mechanical designers of electric machine
- Support the electric machine concept development for hybrid applications.
- MS in electrical engineering
- At least 5 years of experience on electrical machines.
- At least 3 years expertise in electrical machine design.
- Deep design experience in permanent magnet generators/motors.
- Electric Machine electromagnetic design experience, preferably in the hybrid electric space.
- Proven expertise in 2D/3D electromagnetic finite element analysis, preferably ANSYS (Maxwell 2D/Maxwell 3D).
- Proven expertise in Matlab/Simulink and/or Python.
- Experience in validating electric machine technology through prototyping and laboratory testing.
- Familiarity with CAD (Computer Aided Design) tools.
- Familiarity with converter duty and high voltage electrical insulation for electrical machine applications.
- Familiarity in inverter machine system integration.
- Proven system thinker with ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering
- Excellent team player. Experience in working in a global team.
- Passion for technical excellence and technology advancement
- Ability to self-manage workload across a number of projects, self-directed and motivated
- Industrial Experience
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 14 Oct 2021
Closes 12 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer