Staff UX Interaction Designer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Change Agent - Proactively learns new tools and integrates new methods to drive improved outcomes. Identifies and assesses new technologies that can add value and capability to GE. Builds rapport with the team and gets buy-in for ideas. Drives stakeholder understanding and acceptance of new ideas in their business. Participates in change programs by planning implementation activities with other change champions. Implements monitoring and feedback systems. Solicits ideas for improving primary business processes associated with M365.
- Collaboration - Establishes & communicates team members' roles in relation to their function and data. Shares knowledge, power and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill. Coordinates role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals. Encourages groups to work together to resolve problems. Proactively coaches and/or mentors others to improve their contribution to the team. Fosters relationship building between team members and those outside the team. Works with others to achieve goals without regard to band/title. Identifies gaps in roles on teams, and is recognized for growing and distributing talent pools across the organization.
- Comfort in Ambiguity - Identifies when additional information is needed from customer/manager/stakeh older and asks relevant questions to obtain it. Delivers solution(s) where additional information may not be needed or available, while clearly stating any underlying assumptions. Communicates status. Evaluates data sets to determine possible value or steps to create value.
- Communication - Adjusts information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience. Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts. Informs stakeholders of customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary. Explains the story of the rationale and benefit of their ideas. Uses relevant and appropriate presentation techniques. Responds to questions and dissent in a constructive manner. Acknowledges limitations of one's own knowledge.
- Consulting - Provides options and counsel. Drives dialogues that produce new perspectives and substantial innovation, enhancements and analysis of consequences. Consults on projects to fit systems or infrastructure, and project goals to their function, and vice versa. Provides risk-assessed options in relation to process enhancement and professional expertise. Consults on data or data infrastructure development projects and identifies when necessary to modify the solution.
- Curiosity/Creativity - Connects ideas and solutions from a broad array of sources (e.g., what other businesses are doing, brainstorming with others). Pilots new ideas and processes that have not been utilized before.
- Decision Making & Risk Management - Analyzes and interprets business strategy, policies, values, complex data patterns and relationships to make decisions regardless of incomplete and conflicting information and uncertain consequences. Makes benchmarked and researched recommendations with contingency plans in place for potential adverse consequences; takes responsibility for consequences of decision/risk. Lobbies business partners and subject matter experts for consensus in taking action that sets direction in at least one critical business function.
- Influence - Ensures group understanding of issues and presents rationale to affect outcomes. Resolves conflicting opinions through consensus. Uses appropriate facilitation techniques to gain agreement or move others to action.
- Problem Solving - Identifies future roadblocks and promotes data-based problem solving. Assesses & prioritizes problems in relation to organizational goals. Coordinates team's work and performance with broader organizational objectives and manages conflicts between them. Advises others in how to solve difficult problems.
• Influences through others; builds direct and \"behind the scenes\" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
- Full time
Posted 14 Oct 2021
Closes 12 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer