GE Edison Works Advanced Military Lead Engineer - Secondary Flows, Heat Transfer & Engine Oil System
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute, with the support of senior engineers, the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned secondary flow, rotor/stator heat transfer and thermal heat exchanger design projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Executing, with guidance, the design of the engine oil system using sound fluid dynamics principles
- Coordinate with senior engineers to develop and recommend approaches to meet the technical and program requirements
- Develop action plans to respond to issues/ problems
- Implement plans to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
- Participate in technical and program meetings as a contributor or presenter
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering)
- At least 3 additional years of thermal analysis or design experience in an Engineering position
- Must be a US citizen and hold or be able to obtain a US Government security clearance
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- US Government Security Clearance
- Thermal design experience related to secondary flows, rotor/stator heat transfer and/or turbine engine oil system design
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Strong technical aptitude related to turbine engine components and systems
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 14 Oct 2021
Closes 12 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager