Senior Casting Technology Manufacturing Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
This position is eligible for remote work in the Eastern Time Zone. Any hire would be expected to be available to travel to Cincinnati multiple times in the first 6 months of hire for training and onboarding.
Expected travel 25-50% for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical process ownership for castings commodity
- Partner with sourcing team members on Casting supplier development and cost out projects
- Mentor suppliers in the application of quality tools & requirements and new technologies
- Work cross functionally with quality and design engineers to ensure that new processes achieve established metrics
- Design and implement manufacturing processes and systems for control and replenishment of materials
- Plan and implement process-engineering activities for new product development and current product support
- Investigate and apply new technology
- Pursue continuous improvement for quality and cost reductions in designated area
- Act as change agent, understanding and moving the operation toward world-class performance
- Communicate progress & challenges to leadership teams
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years experience in Casting Technologies)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Sourcing, Materials or Supply Chain Manufacturing
- Casting expertise
- Established project management skills
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Focused: quick learner, accountable
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 14 Oct 2021
Closes 12 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer