Engineer - Product Definition Engineering
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create definitions of parts, assemblies, and modules in the form of 2D cross sections, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and various electronic data formats to support Design , analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, inspection and detailing components & assemblies
- Works with engineering and supply chain partners to determine dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances, fits while maximizing manufacturing producibility
- Ensure all interfaces between components are established and agreed upon by Engineering design teams of interface parts and engine systems
- Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies/Procedures, Engineering Standards & Specifications
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- B.Tech /Bachelor in Engineering with 3+ years of experience in the design drafting of mechanical components and subsystems
- Good hands-on experience with CAD tools like Unigraphics NX and PLM tools like Teamcenter & Vismockup
- Adequate understanding of GD&T and Stack-ups
- Ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing timing and quality of outcomes
- Experience with Aviation engineering/Turbomachinery product definition standards/processes/tools
- ASME GD&T Certification
- Exposure to manufacturing processes
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Shown analytical and organizational ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2021
Closes 11 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Product support