2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
- Plans, installs, maintains, rebuilds, and repairs a wide variety of machinery requiring the use of ordinary and specialized tools and devices.
- Performs maintenance and PM's on electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic/hydraulic systems.
- Assumes an active role in the output and quality of equipment in assigned area.
- Trains production technical and support personnel as required
Acts as the team leader in completion of special technical problem resolution assignments and manages structured groups within maintenance organization
- Completes work orders and log work into Maximo program.
- Maintains equipment function by conducting proper PM's
- Actively participates in continuous improvement, lean concepts and team activities
- Additional activities: May be required to setup and use ladders and hand and power trucks.
- Perform associated duties as required
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds repetitively, occasionally lift up to 35 pounds non-repetitively, and sometimes lift over 35 pounds with assistance
- Conform to all EHS guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing proper PPE; Work in an area where there may be moderate noise intensity (85 to 89.9 dBa) and areas where hearing protection is required; Work in an area where, due to normal machining operations, there may be dust, fumes, or smoke (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels)
- Strong interpersonal skills and drive
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and achieve successful results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a team environment
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2021
Closes 11 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager