Supplier Quality Engineer - Forgings
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Includes both Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development. Includes supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence. SQEs have various levels of differentiation which are related to level of technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a discipline and analytical thinking to execute policy/strategy. Basic knowledge of related job disciplines.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Jobs at this level function with some autonomy but are subject to functional practices and precedents or are covered by well-defined policies or review of end results. The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
- Uses some judgment and has the ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated, day-to-day problems. Has ability to prioritize information for data analysis. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or institution (OR a High school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years experience in Quality, Sourcing, or Engineering)
- A minimum of 3 years in Quality, Sourcing, or Engineering
- BS in Materials Science of Metallurgy
- Quality or Production experience in Casting or Forging.
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2021
Closes 11 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Quality control