Logistics Team Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
- Coordinate and provide technical, quality and production leadership to kitting process and cell leaders to meet quality, schedule and cost goals.
- Lead daily plant meetings to review results and create shift priorities in line with immediate work-load.
- Provide on-going support in scheduling resources, technical leadership and facilitating the flow of hardware for the entire shop to meet customer requirements
- Communicate with Product Group leaders in decision making in areas of process improvement and/or production to make appropriate resource decisions (manpower, machines, methods) to facilitate the flow of hardware through the manufacturing process.
- Lead weekly internal customer account management communication flow downs to maintain customer expectations in delivery, cost and quality.
- Support all military contractual obligations through system knowledge and resource planning.
- Support EHS and Quality Leadership to achieve highest safety and quality levels in the plant.
- Lead process improvement /lean initiatives to reduce cycle time, improve inventory turns and reduce manufacturing losses.
- Support Plant Leader with strategic initiatives and be an effective liaison between plant leader and shop floor.
- Support Lynn Logistics as the focal for production IT systems and Aged in transit transactions
- Assist other cell leaders in administrative duties to support the business, including timecards, labor vouchers, self audits, absence reviews, and missing time corrections, etc.
- Mentor and motivate cell leaders in safety, quality and productivity improvements.
- Manage Planners to assure the meeting of production schedules and customer satisfaction, cost goals, and maintaining the highest standards of quality
- Keep track and report out on the Fulfillment Five KPI s: EHS, Quality, On Time Delivery, Cost and Productivity
- Lead and maintain relationships with 3rd party providers in the region and ensure they fit with-in the global strategy from an optimal services perspective
- Lead, standardize and execute on logistics strategy, including the processes, procedures and key performance indicators at each DC and/or FSL
- Develop new optimized processes and procedures for DPS Distribution and Logistics
- Take control of the controllership processes (i. e., physical and cycle counting)
- Connect with internal departments (i. e., Finance, IM)
- Drive / strive for an adequate ERP-system configuration (new Oracle version)
- Work cross-functionally to optimize overall financial metrics
- Develop the necessary customs compliance knowledge to
- Participate in coaching and counseling employees regarding individual performance and development needs of hourly team
- Practice sound human relations and communications skills with the union members in order to achieve high performing team standards.
- Analyze and diagnose machine / process issues and takes corrective measures to minimize downtime and interruption of schedules.
- Manage cycle count programs to improve inventory accuracy and to complete cycle counts in line with financial goals.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or institution (OR a High school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years experience in Logistics, Operations, or relevant Supply Chain role)
- A minimum of 3 years in Logistics, Operations, or relevant Supply Chain role
- Experience supporting a supply chain or other operations organization
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Established project management skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small working teams
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2021
Closes 11 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Freight