GE Aviation Sustainability Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
As the GE Aviation Sustainability Leader, key responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with senior business leaders globally to develop and execute the sustainability strategy
- Leading a global team that collaborates with Aviation's key internal stakeholders (Business Units, Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Environmental Health and Safety) to develop a coordinated sustainability plan to achieve our 2025 and 2030 Goals.
- Leading strategic planning process related to achieving the 2030 Sustainability Goals and addressing the trends and challenges of the industry.
- Building an annual plan, demonstrating progress towards achieving our sustainability targets.
- Taking leadership of key sustainability initiatives, including management of our actions to deliver a low carbon circular economy.
- Creating and delivering sustainability training throughout the organization.
- Researching and supervising sustainability macro and micro trends, and key topics on the agenda of our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Working in collaboration with the leadership team and peers to gain valuable insights and expertise from within the organization and externally with key ecosystem partners and third parties
- Working with the Marketing Communications team to develop a communication plan that raises awareness of our sustainability initiatives and goals. Ensuring that we embody our sustainability commitments in all communications, events and activities. Provide the Communications team with regular updates on progress and key news/PR opportunities and ensure that we have regular communication regarding our progress both internally and externally.
- Lead collaboration and partnership with the sustainability teams within other business units and Corporate.
- Building coalitions and drive scalable initiatives in collaboration with others.
- Building meaningful networks of relationships with external organizations including other brands, consultants and international organizations to position GE Aviation as an informed industry leader and progressive force for good
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires significant experience working in sustainability management and reporting.
- For roles in the USA - Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred or equivalent.
- 12+ years business experience, preferably with a sustainability emphasis.
- Expertise in the external landscape and associated dynamics related to environmental and social implications within the aviation industry.
- Expertise in sustainability management and reporting.
- Experience in strategic leadership and negotiation.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional business teams within our global network and with external parties.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders of multiple levels, within and outside the company.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills, including communicating and marketing sustainability strategy, initiatives and progress.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
Legal authorization to work in specifics countries is required.
Preferred location is Evendale, OH. However, this position may be available at several international locations.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2021
Closes 11 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager