Sourcing, Planning & Facilities Manager
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Brisbane Adelaide Street, Queensland, Australia
The Sourcing, Planning and Facilities Manager will deliver industries' highest standards in sourcing, material planning, contract, and facility management. Reporting to the Operations Director, this broad role will require working closely with peers, departmental leads, customers, suppliers, and other GE Aviation personnel globally to deliver a robust material supply chain, accurate forecast planning and deliver efficient operational service support functions to the business.
Based in Brisbane with 6-10 both direct and indirect team members, this position is responsible for the supply, planning, logistics and support activities to ensure uninterrupted aviation repair operations. Sites include 4 locations across the region being based in Brisbane (QLD), Richmond and Newcastle (NSW) and Singapore. This position will be overseeing the delivery of and continual improvement on key operational metrics including:
- On Time Delivery (OTD)
- Quality escapes
- Inventory Levels
- Stocktake progress
- Work in progress (WIP)
- Supplier Performance Safety Performance
You will be responsible for all facets of the teams output from a quality, operational, safety and financial perspective. This position will ensuring the business has the materials, facilities, equipment, contracts, and operational support functions (such as technical library and tool calibrations) in place to deliver quality maintenance services to our valued customers.
Working with a highly capable team this position will work closely with the Lean leader to promote a culture of continuous improvement and lead the execution of lean projects which are developed by analysing operational and supply data which deliver significant impact on key business metrics.
Developing a safe, inclusive, and high performing team is key to be successful to implement and maintain globally consistent processes, practices, and metrics to eliminate variation in service levels, resulting in maximum customer faith in the GE Aviation brand.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Degree or equivalent extensive experience in related field such as, Business (with Supply major or equivalent), Logistics, Supply Chain Management.
- Experience with high priority Supply Chains and delivery of materials in a global landscape including and understanding of import/export and ITAR requirements.
- Sound knowledge of inventory planning and management systems with experience in managing varying supplier performance and demand levels.
- Demonstrated experiences leading and developing teams.
- Strong interpersonal, influence, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan and implement lean improvement projects.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills and able to communicate effectively with subordinates, peers, senior management, and customers.
- S trong competency in inventory and stocktaking management systems, material planning fundamentals, your strong business acumen and data analysis skills allows to you deliver successful business outcomes which are c ustomer centric.
- Having e xcellent planning and organisation skills are essential and priority setting is key for success as you will be required to work across international and national time-zones
- Approach all your dealings in a professional and considered manner and always lead from the front with a focus on people management.
- A relationship builder with excellent communication skills, your systems thinking and passion for Lean help build a team focused on change that really impacts and challenges the way we work every day.
- Ability and flexibility to work across multiple time zones both locally and the US and UK.
- Contract development and management skills.
- Working knowledge of Aircraft Regulations, Standards and quality frameworks including AS9120.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external organizations, including upper management.
- Experienced in Safety Management Systems and demonstrated ability to produce required documentation.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Cert 4 in trainer/assessor qualification.
- Lean qualifications.
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2021
Closes 11 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer