GE Aviation : Facilities Electrical Apprenticeship, Cheltenham
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines and components, along with avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft.
At GE Aviation , we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.
At GE Aviation, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you're passionate about generating advances in aviation to solve some of the world's toughest problems and are looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE Aviation as we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
With over 1,600 employees, GE Aviation Cheltenham is one of the largest GE Aviation sites outside the USA and a major contributor to the local economy.
Our heritage dates back to 1940 yet our technology is cutting-edge. Located in the heart of Gloucestershire, GE Aviation Cheltenham focuses on the design, development and manufacture of state-of-the-art aircraft power distribution and avionics systems for the global aviation industry. Our customers include all major aerospace manufacturers - covering commercial, business jet and military applications. The scale and complexity of engineering projects at GE Aviation Cheltenham offer our employees unique opportunities to work on major international projects, developing critical aircraft systems that will be relied on by many people for decades to come.
GE Aviation Cheltenham is actively committed to inclusivity and diversity. We regularly run science, technology, engineering & maths (STEM) programmes with local secondary schools, support the Cheltenham Science Festival and support the promotion of women in engineering. At GE Aviation, we strive to be an employer of choice by offering internships, apprenticeships, mentoring and staff development programmes that create a workplace where everyone can be themselves and achieve their full potential.
Innovation, a commitment to engineering excellence and leadership development places GE Aviation Cheltenham as a pioneering force in building the future of flight.
In this role you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team, getting involved and learning many skills related to preventative and reactive maintenance across the 13 buildings on a 64 acre campus.
- Attend the Training provider to acquire Electrical Installation/Maintenance Level 3
- This apprenticeship Standard is suitable for individuals pursuing a career in electrical installation and maintenance.
- Assist and work under the guidance of skilled Maintenance Engineers in carrying out essential planned and responsive maintenance, repair and/or installation of plant and equipment
- Participate in the Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme, undertaking a National Vocational Qualification, a Technical Certificate programme and Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification (Installation or Maintenance)
- Ensure all college work is kept up to date in accordance with the apprenticeship requirements set out by your manager
- Liaison with GE Training & Development Manager regarding all training issues
- Participation in all training initiatives specific to the post holder's duties
- Undertake work with increasing independence as the apprenticeship and skill set progresses
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably requested by senior management
- Take reasonable care of their own and others safety, to co-operate with managers/craft/engineers in complying with statutory health and safety duties; to report incidents, accidents, faults, etc.
- To participate in departmental team activities
- Good communication
- Experience and/or extra-curricular activities in a technical field would be advantageous
- You will be an enthusiastic, determined and self-motivated person. Committed to your individual learning and dedicated to working hard in order to achieve, you must be able to work under supervised conditions as part of a team, and also under your own initiative as your skill set
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2021
Closes 11 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer