GE Aviation : Facilities Maintenance Apprenticeship, Cheltenham
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines and components, along with avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft.
At GE Aviation , we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.
At GE Aviation, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you're passionate about generating advances in aviation to solve some of the world's toughest problems and are looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE Aviation as we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
With over 1,600 employees, GE Aviation Cheltenham is one of the largest GE Aviation sites outside the USA and a major contributor to the local economy.
Our heritage dates back to 1940 yet our technology is cutting-edge. Located in the heart of Gloucestershire, GE Aviation Cheltenham focuses on the design, development and manufacture of state-of-the-art aircraft power distribution and avionics systems for the global aviation industry. Our customers include all major aerospace manufacturers - covering commercial, business jet and military applications. The scale and complexity of engineering projects at GE Aviation Cheltenham offer our employees unique opportunities to work on major international projects, developing critical aircraft systems that will be relied on by many people for decades to come.
GE Aviation Cheltenham is actively committed to inclusivity and diversity. We regularly run science, technology, engineering & maths (STEM) programmes with local secondary schools, support the Cheltenham Science Festival and support the promotion of women in engineering. At GE Aviation, we strive to be an employer of choice by offering internships, apprenticeships, mentoring and staff development programmes that create a workplace where everyone can be themselves and achieve their full potential.
Innovation, a commitment to engineering excellence and leadership development places GE Aviation Cheltenham as a pioneering force in building the future of flight.
In this role you will be part of a multi-disciplinary project team to undertake campus re-layouts, building upgrades and related projects. You will be working directly with maintenance / lean / project teams / manufacturing teams to drive closure on the planning and execution of projects on a 64 acre campus .
- Attend Training to acquire Construction Extended Diploma
- This apprenticeship Standard is suitable for individuals if you want to progress your career in a technical, professional or management role within the construction industry. The Pearson BTEC Level 3 National qualification suite is designed in close collaboration with industry to help people become occupationally ready to take up employment in the construction sector.
- Assist in negotiation of project scope & schedule with internal & external customers and suppliers
- Assist manufacturing Engineer - Moving Production Lines, CAD Layouts
Co-own and deliver against agreed project deliverables, budgets and timelines.
- Help Identify, manage and drive down project risks and issues. Carry out ongoing reviews of project status and maintain programme.
- Aid the Coordination and management of contractor works, in close relation to production and engineering, to ensure that business continuity is maintained during project works.
- Learn to read, interpret, edit and draw floor plans using AutoCAD
- Good communication
- Experience and/or extra-curricular activities in a technical field would be advantageous
- You will be an enthusiastic, determined and self-motivated person. Committed to your individual learning and dedicated to working hard in order to achieve, you must be able to work under supervised conditions as part of a team, and also under your own initiative as your skill set develops
- Strong attention to detai
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2021
Closes 11 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager