Lead Engineer - Controls Engineering
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
The "Lead Engineer - Controls Engineering" is a high-impact and dynamic role. The activities of this role include contributing to the design, development, troubleshooting, and verification of open and closed loop control systems for products, solutions and systems for the Aviation power industry. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, and verify open and closed loop control systems for power electronic products such as converters and inverters for the Aviation power industry including rotating machinery.
- Test embedded motor controller or power electronic circuits through digital communication, debugger, oscilloscope, and logic analyzer in a lab environment
- Simulate power systems using PLECS, MATLAB/Simulink, or equivalent simulation tools to support design and proposal efforts
- Program embedded processors using C language
- Understand power system performance metrics and solutions to achieve requirements, including stability, dynamics, harmonics, etc.
- Estimate the stability of systems and use Bode analysis tools to assess the stability margins.
- Lead the validation efforts to test functionality of equipment
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering.
- Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations.
- Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Participate and/or present in program reviews
- Document different test and characterization procedures for Bode/transfer function measurements.
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited university or college in Electrical Engineering or Controls Engineering or Power Electronics Engineering
- At least 4+ additional years of experience in Engineering position.
- Master's Degree in Power Electronics / Controls Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in ANSYS, MATLAB, Simulink and SPICE tools
- Strong knowledge of power electronic circuits, topologies, and their characteristics
- Ability to understand schematics and PCB layout.
- Hands-on experience of operating standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, frequency generators, signal analyzers, etc.
- Ability to use test equipment to perform PCB level troubleshooting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2021
Closes 11 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager