Facilities Maintenance Technician
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
- Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment with a focus on Kilns, Furnaces, Vacuum Induction Melter, Boilerclave, Caustic Autoclave and HVAC.
- Repair and maintain mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment, following technical specifications using hand tools, power tools, or precision measuring instruments.
- Assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, per specifications and plumbing codes.
- Investigate root cause of variety of equipment problems, develops repair procedures and implements repair.
- Observe and record readings of instruments such as thermometers, thermocouples, air flowmeters, voltmeters, ammeters, and pressure and draft gauges.
- Study building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
- Order and track material required for repairs
- Operate material handling equipment such as fork or scissor lifts
- Comply with LOTO and other safety regulations
- Hi g h sc h ool d i p loma or G e n er a l E d u c a ti o n De g r ee ( G E D), or e q u i v a le n t co m b i n a ti o n o f e du c a ti o n a n d ex p eri e n ce.
- Five to Seven years' prior ex p erie n ce in various maintenance disciplines with an emphasis on electrical work
- Ability to work OT as needed and must be available for emergency on call list
- Intermediate to Advances knowledge of electrical work in compliance with NEC; ability to read and understand electrical and electrical control schematics and install or repair electrical service.
- HMI and PLC experience
- Ability to repair mechanical equipment such as Vacuum and HT Furnaces, Automated equipment, etc.
- Maintenance and/or Electrical Certifications.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Understanding of and experience reading technical manuals
- Ability to work with little direction or supervision
- Strong a t t e n ti o n to d etail
- E xcelle n t c u st o mer ser v ice to c o -wor k ers, cu st o mers, a n d v e n d ors
- Ability to keep te a m i n f o rmed of w ork p ro g ress, timeli n es, a n d iss u es
- Excellent attendance history
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 13 Oct 2021
Closes 11 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager