Financial Analyst- Cost
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Site/region strategy and execution of manufacturing finance activities, coordinating planning, pacing, and closing activities. Own P&L and balance sheet activities, including cost accounting, inventory controls (PI, Revals, standards, variances, etc.), product fulfillment and COGS booking, functional costs, VCP/BCP, P&E, etc.
- Collaborate with finance and operational leadership to explain results, make improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations, and drive lean transformation
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a discipline and analytical thinking to execute policy/strategy. Basic knowledge of related job disciplines.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Jobs at this level function with some autonomy but are subject to functional practices and precedents or are covered by well-defined policies or review of end results. The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
- Uses some judgment and has the ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated, day-to-day problems. Has ability to prioritize information for data analysis. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires advanced experience in the Finance & Manufacturing Operations. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Strong cost accounting experience, CPA a plus
- Detailed financial planning, reporting, and variance analysis experience
- Ability to balance recurring and ad-hoc requests from site and function
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems
- Prior experience working at a manufacturing site or in a centralized cost role
- Inclusive with the ability to build a connection with the site through personal involvement and trust
- Expert proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of emp
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance