Principal Software Engineer - DevOps and Cloud Operations
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Reporting to the Director of Backend Services, this role has 2 major parts.
1.Manage Amp DevOps tools and processes that are used to automatically build, test, deploy, and deliver the Amp SaaS product.
Apply-own, maintain, keep compliant, and improve GE Additive's Amp SaaS product infrastructure and operations on AWS.
This role contributes to improve DevOps and Operations KPIs on code quality, test coverage, security scanning, and software and infrastructure vulnerability resolution.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
- Contribute to DevOps architecture and influence DevOps roadmap: application and infrastructure planning, development, testing, and deployment.
- Contribute to the creation and application of guidelines for consistent and consolidated DevOps and CI/CD approaches.
- Administer and maintain the Amp's Jenkins CI system.
- Advocate DevOps and follow-up on priorities and DevOps maturity/KPIs of product teams.
- Review and priorities security scan results; SAST, DAST, Docker Images
- Install, configure, administer, and monitor cloud-based infrastructure; own it and run it .
- Work with GE Additive Product Security representative to define and implement Threat Model Security Controls (TMSCs).
- Employ the principles of Infrastructure as Code (IoC) and using Git/GitHub as the repository of current infrastructure configuration.
- Monitoring dev and production environments via provided tools (AWS CloudWatch, Prisma, GE Aviation CloudView, NewRelic).
- Collaborate with GE Additive Operations Leader on cloud infrastructure vulnerability patching.
- Perform regular security reviews including recommending gaps in infrastructure not meeting compliance rules (PCI, SOC2, etc).
- Document systems architecture and Design
- Document processes and procedures.
- Ensure the cloud infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards.
- Evangelize product security and be an advocate for keeping customer information secure.
- Attend weekly GE Aviation Cloud owners meeting and collaborate with peers in GE Additive and GE Aviation around the globe.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Technology or Engineering
- 7 years' experience with Linux and/or Windows Operating System
- At least 4 years of DevOps experience
- Strong advocate of DevOps best practices
- Strong collaboration, leadership, and influencing skills to make sure DevOps practices are followed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to document, teach, and coach on DevOps processes.
- Experience with Jenkins CI or other CI/CD tools e.g. GitLab, AWS DevOps, Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Git and SCM branching strategies.
- Experience with at least one cloud environment, AWS preferred
- Experience with microservices and service-oriented architecture
- Experience with Docker (Containers)
- Preferred experience with Kubernetes (Container Orchestration Systems)
- Preferred experience with Infrastructure-as-Code e.g. AWS CloudFormation
- Preferred experience with code scanners, SAST, DAST e.g. Checkmarx, Qualys, SonarQube, Whitesource, Rapid 7.
- Preferred experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Preferred knowledge of monitoring systems e.g. AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus.
- Experience with aspect(s) of security: network, application, security protocols, cryptography, etc...
- Experience implementing and enforcing AuthN and AuthZ
- Experience with AWS IAM (users, roles, policies).
- Experience configuring, managing, or troubleshooting systems of scale (cloud, virtualization, distributed networks, co-lo
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Software engineer