Supplier Quality Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Includes both Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development. Includes supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence. SQEs have various levels of differentiation which are related to level of technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of material science and industrial thermal barrier coatings. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor, with proven interpersonal skills. Communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered. Provides informal guidance to new team members. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Impacts projects, processes and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy, but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require professional judgment, but may require more senior levels of guidance.
- Utilizes technical expertise and judgement to solve problems. Leverages technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or institution (OR a High school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years experience in Quality, Manufacturing, or relevant Supply Chain role)
- A minimum of 3 years in Quality, Manufacturing, or relevant Supply Chain Role
- 3-6 years of manufacturing or supplier quality, statistical analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Demonstrated history of problem solving, root cause and corrective action methodology, data analysis and quality experience
- Background in industrial coatings applications or material sciences
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Quality control