Rotating Parts Design Resident Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
West Jefferson, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as on-site engineering liaison to improve communication and cooperation between engineering and supply chain.
- Work with shops, suppliers, and engineering colleagues to meet producibility and process capability targets.
- As the shop engineering representative, drive a high rigor into the manufacturing and design integration process and identify and drive manufacturing support activities to ensure long term on-time engine delivery.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical engineering for all products within the manufacturing site's purview.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle low to moderate complexity tasks or problems in areas of operational, product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering.
- Have high levels of interaction with and exposure to engineers from multiple disciplines, manufacturing & quality, and regularly exposed to commodity and industry experts.
- Use engineering judgement and experience to challenge entrenched processes and methodology to recommend improvements.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of engineering & manufacturing, analytical thinking, and technical experience to execute on technically low to moderate complexity projects to meet technical requirements and business goals under oversight of senior engineers.
- Lead technical projects with low to moderate complexity through collaboration with field and industry experts.
- Explain information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science with at least 6 years of experience in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Materials Engineering
- Previous experience in design of rotating parts.
- Experience in manufacturing, especially of rotating parts.
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams
- Experience with Ansys and Unigraphics
- Experience with GD&T
- Interest in being a self-starter with a passion for problem solving and driving solutions, while constantly learning and mentoring others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- Experience with Material Review Board Activities
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer