Lead Engine Simulation Control Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage customer requirements, hardware procurement, vendors, and the build of engine control test simulators for internal GE, military and commercial engine customers
Plan and manage the build of special test equipment like test panels, breakout boxes, cables and boards to meet unique customer needs
- Provide test support and troubleshooting for existing simulators or special test equipment locally at GE or at customer sites
- Collaborate with senior level FTS team members and across organizational boundaries to manage schedule, budget and resources
- Collaborate with senior level FTS team members to design and build Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) Test Simulators using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project or the Engineering customer
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- At least 3 additional years of experience in engineering position
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- At least 3 additional years of experience in Electronics or Controls logic / architecture
- Working knowledge of a FADECs and FADEC Test Simulators
- Project management experience
- Hands on electronics experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams or initiatives
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Air traffic control