Power Electronics Engineer - Advanced Technologies
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
In this role you will lead power electronics technical concept development for electronic power conversion and control proposals as well as lead new technology development/IR&D programs within your functional expertise.
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
The Lead Engineer will demonstrate leadership in communicating business, program, and process goals for the NTI portion of the business. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and can affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Rapidly create concepts and studies to determine feasibility for high power/high density power converters
- Technical communication through written proposals and presentations
- Define, analyze, and improve electrical system requirements for customers
- Utilize best practices for TRL and MRL advancement to move projects from New Technology Introduction (NTI) into New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Develop and collaborate on electronics packaging technology roadmaps for analysis tools, thermal management, manufacturing technologies, and environmental robustness.
- Identify and protect GE intellectual property
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, Controls Engineering from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience with aerospace or industrial products
- Design experience with high power/high density power conversion utilizing SiC and GaN devices for airborne and military ground vehicle applications
- Experience with electromagnetic compatibility (MIL-STD-461 / MIL-STD-464)
- Experience with developing detailed SPICE OR LTSPICE models
- Experience of system modeling using Matlab/Simulink programming
- Experience with analog circuit simulation and analysis tools, as well as schematic capture and layout tools
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer