Lead Engineer - Electrical Component
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
The 'Lead Engineer - Electrical Component' is a high-impact and dynamic role. In this role, you will contribute to the development of advanced power products and be part of the power electronic design team where you will demonstrate talent and leadership designing and developing advanced power converters for commercial applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, development, and analysis of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirement
- Develop, analyse, and recommend topologies for high power/high density power converters from basic principle using the aviation specific components
- Deliver power products solutions through modeling, simulation, design and analysis circuits and their controls
- Develop aviation electrical system design and control using PLECS/SPICE or using mathematical tools such as MATLAB/Simulink.
- Proficient in understanding of semiconductor devices such as IGBTs, MOSFETs, SiC
- Work on or work with PCB designers to optimize space allocations, signal integrity, and power flow.
- Familiar with pulse width modulation control of converters.
- Build circuits on breadboard and test own designs in the lab.
- Understand the stability of systems and familiarity with Bode analysis tools to assess the stability margins.
- Work with technical leadership personnel / multi-functional teams to support the assigned project and lead the project modules as
- Implement and develop plans to meet technical requirements of assigned components and modules / sub-systems
- Lead engineering sub-teams assigned to work on the project specific deliverables
- Participate and/or present in program reviews
- Recommend approaches to meet the technical and program requirements
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited university or college in Electrical Engineering or Controls Engineering or Power Electronics Engineering
- At least 4+ years of experience in Engineering position.
- Master's Degree or PhD in Power Electronics / controls Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in ANSYS, MATLAB, Simulink and SPICE tools
- Design experience with high power/high density power converter
- Knowledge of aircraft electrical systems and electrical machines
- Experience in embedded controls systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer