Lead Engineer - Additive Materials & Process Application Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
We're the people who pioneered metal additive from design to full production. Through our integrated offering of additive experts, advanced machines, and quality powders, we are empowering our customers to build innovative new products and transform their businesses and industries. These products solve manufacturing challenges, improve business outcomes, and help change the world for the better.
Engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Materials & process engineering tasks that do not require 4 year degree. Primarily tactical responsibilities. This does not include general administrative work.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly around technical documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Program management skills; ability to develop, document, market, and execute programs
- Understand how to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Background in material characterization, including metallography, thermal and mechanical property testing and analysis
- Basic understanding of Additive manufacturing process (i.e., laser powder bed, electron beam powder bed, binder jet) working knowledge and/or operation experience
- Execute, with some guidance, the analysis and evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards, practices, and procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Ability to understand metallurgy and consolidated material characteristics, particularly with respect to how it impacts form, fit, and function of additively manufactured components.
- Work directly with customers on understanding how Additive materials may fit in their desired product portfolio.
- Work with design, manufacturing, and material behavior engineers to establish material characterization plans to that meet internal and external customer needs.
- Interface with customers on recommendation and explanation of various material processing and characterization techniques to optimize and evaluate Additive materials.
- Evaluate and recommend selection of appropriate process steps as well as process/characterization equipment based on application technical and program requirements.
- Work across teams to deliver shared goals and outcomes to meet material capability targets.
- Recommend approaches to meet technical and program requirements.
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments within multiple levels of the organization.
- Participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews to recommend technical outputs that drive appropriate decisions.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environme
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer