- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Tests and troubleshoots electronic products using standard and specialized test equipment.
- Troubleshoots electronic products to component level & sub-assembly level utilizing schematics and standard troubleshooting practices and procedures.
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
- Sets up test equipment and tests electronic products using established test procedures and schematics
- Uses product test and measurement equipment, Digital/Analog Voltmeters, oscilloscopes, Hi-Pot meters, power supplies, and Automatic and Standard Test equipment, etc
- Cross - trains, mentors and provides technical assistance to other technicians including new Technician 2's
- Provides technical guidance to Assemblers
- Performs cross functional tasks within fairly similar situations resulting in standardized but not identical outcomes
- Recommends and/or proposes process improvements
- Ensures that all relevant quality information/feedback is provided
- Utilizes written or visual instructions involving use of quantitative information from specifications, schematics, graphs, pictures, gages, etc.
- Provides written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations following test, troubleshooting, examinations
- Keeps workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
- Understands and complies with all Company, safety rules and regulations
- Engages and participates in a self - directed teaming environment
- 2-year degree in Electronics or related field OR Certified Electronics Program (18 mos.) OR 4 year degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) or related field.
- Preliminary Review (PR) Certification must be obtained within probationary period
- Experience: 2-ear degree plus 1 -3 years of manufacturing experience; OR Certified Electronics Program (18 months) plus 1-3 years of manufacturing experience; OR 4-year degree (electronics or related) with no experience
- Skills required in maintaining close specifications using tools & gages, schematics and a variety of electronic equipment
- Basic computer skills; Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination
- Ability to troubleshoot to component level
- Must maintain PR Certification
- Past experience in a manufacturing environment
- Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Understanding of IPC-A-610 standards
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic