Field Service Engineer - Additive Manufacturing/EBM
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Field Service Engineer will work on a team or individually, to install, perform preventive maintenance, and repair Electron Beam Melting additive manufacturing machines.
- All resources and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property.
- These activities contribute to customer EBM production machines operating at peak performance, producing quality parts, meeting production schedules, and meeting or exceeding quality & industry standards
- Work with Service and Additive engineering teams to resolve complicated mechanical, electrical, electronic, and /or process problems for customer EBM (electron beam melting) machines
- Help in all areas of site preparation (coordination of labor and materials) with minimal supervision
- Document all work performed using computer-based service reporting procedures
- Competently communicate EBM machine status to engineers, customers, and management
- Associates degree and 2 years technical experience, or a High School Diploma and 7 years field service or electrical technician experience.
- Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem-solving techniques
- Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
- Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
- Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
- Demonstrated ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology
- Ability to communicate using English (or local language) and interface with client
- Demonstrated technical leadership ability
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Quick learner
- Customer relationship experience & skills
This is a Field Support Role supporting customers Western region and other parts of the US as needed. Position will be based from a home office. Travel expectations are 75%.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Flight simulation