Staff Engineer - Systems Engineering
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user's needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
This role impacts departmental operations and is responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on technical execution of the team as well as individually assigned activities within the design procedures, practices and plans established by the programs. Sound judgment and leadership skills are required.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for leading, guiding and contributing to the systems engineering efforts across GE's Common Core Systems based on IMA technologies. This role has accountability for assigned systems engineering duties for the IMA product line. This role provides technical leadership and assistance to the project teams to insure they deliver on cost, quality, schedule, and technical goals.
This position has the following essential responsibilities:
- Manage the Systems Engineering Lifecycle for IMA products/technologies.
- Assist Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Business Leaders in new pursuits.
- Cross train Systems Engineers in the systems engineering process.
- Drive and support engineering reuse within the IMA product line.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the teams running projects within the product line. This includes supporting project planning, conducting reviews, metrics development/tracking, forecasting, development processes, and risk and opportunity management.
- Ensure timely delivery of systems requirements, integrated validation/verification activities, and issue resolution.
- Support the startup of new projects to insure they are well planned in accordance with the product roadmap, the overall product line strategy and engineering process requirements.
- Lead/manage interdisciplinary collaboration with software, hardware, test, safety, maintainability, reliability and certification teams.
- Escalate issues that need additional engineering or business leadership assistance in a timely manner.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- At least 8 years of experience in design & development and/or technical project leadership within an engineering product development environment.
- Systems Engineering Process Background
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 10% of the time
- Prior experience managing or designing within an Avionics Design Assurance Level A Environment
- DO-297, ARP 4754A, DO-178, DO-254 and/or DO-330 process assurance experience
- Experience with engineering processes including requirements definition, requirements allocation, requirements validation, requirements verification, integration, embedded software, electronic systems, FAA/EASA/NAA certification, and system safety.
- Able to communicate directly with senior leadership inside and outside the company.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in development, integration, validation and verification of systems.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will requ
- Full time
Posted 12 Oct 2021
Closes 10 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Product support