Lead Maintenance Specialist
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Auburn, Alabama, United States
The Lead Maintenance Specialist demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the additive manufacturing business unit.. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Perform laser calibrations on 3-D printing equipment.
- Provide technical leadership to Manufacturing Engineering on facilities replacement, machine run-offs and installation
- Manage maintenance engineering projects and machine rebuilds / retrofit
- Consult with vendors, customers, and others on new and rebuild machine tool specification development
- Coordinate machine tool customers and other organization's service technicians when required for diagnosis and repairs
- Manage maintenance craftsmen on specific maintenance projects or in the absence of the maintenance supervisor
- Provide training to the maintenance work force
- Recommend and schedule outside training programs
- Keep abreast of important technical developments that could improve machine tool performance . Work with cross-functional team to perform machine modifications, make control logic changes, and provide updated training and documentation as required
- Work directly with Lead Facilities Specialist and fill-in during absences
Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 2 years of experience in machine maintenance and/or additive manufacturing)
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills - Prior experience in a high performance work team environment
Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 11 Oct 2021
Closes 9 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager