Site Lean Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
In this role, you will focus on projects / process improvement to ensure that products are manufactured with the appropriate safety, quality, delivery, cost (SQDC) hierarchy. In addition, the Lean Site Leader will:
- Drive lean manufacturing activities through the evolution of the GE production system at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate Leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for identified model business unit(s)/areas
- Utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short and some long-term goals
- Act as a change agent in the implementation of demand flow utilizing lean manufacturing tools and methodologies
- Establish and implement strategies, programs and practices to achieve lean business system adoption at the facility
- Manage the full implementation of the lean management system including strategy, value stream activities, daily management, and architecture/infrastructure.
- Manage multiple Lean Leaders (gemba coaches) and lean support team (lean generalists) to drive best practices in process design and implementation of the lean business system.
- Manage the sitewide training team and Training Operations Manager to ensure alignment with lean transformation efforts as well as training compliance. This includes curriculum development and delivery and audit readiness.
- Advise and coach site leadership and their teams on the lean business system.
- Assessing and addressing gaps through course development and delivery.
- Create, with site staff, the lean vision and implement the lean strategy to assist the operation in its lean transformation.
- Drive measurable improvements within the business
- Sensei/Coach gemba coaches on the facilitation of week-long kaizen events that are aligned with the achievement of business site level metrics.
- Champion change across the organization to foster the growth in Lean and site teaming journey
- Help define and manage investment and expense needs that are in line with Growth Playbook Strategy
- Help drive engagement with site business leaders to collaborate in Lean initiatives that foster goal attainment for current and future business needs
- Lead multiple projects driven from team engagement and site priorities
- Bring new ideas, motivation and positive support to all levels of the team
- Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, inventory and cost savings
- Interface with vendors / OEM's and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that technology and processes are positioned for current and future success
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing / quality improvement or production support position (Including a minimum of 3 years of people leadership experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Manufacturing, quality improvement, people leadership (Including experience in Lean methodology and/or Six Sigma tools; ability to drive improvement strategies while coaching leaders through problem solving techniques)
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Corporate Training Program graduate (Manufacturing / Operations / Engineering)
- Lean Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to facilitate across all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects
- Full time
Posted 11 Oct 2021
Closes 9 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager