Lead Engineer - Controls
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, and verify open and closed loop control systems for power electronic products such as converters and inverters for the Aviation power industry including rotating machinery.
- Test embedded motor controller or power electronic circuits through digital communication, debugger, oscilloscope, and logic analyzer in a lab environment
- Simulate power systems using PLECS or equivalent simulation tools to support design and proposal efforts
- Program embedded processors using C language
- Work with customers both internal and external to troubleshoot issues
- Lead the validation efforts to test functionality of equipment
- Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area.
- Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering.
- Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations.
- Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
- Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years experience in engineering
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of experience developing controls systems for power electronic/rotating equipment applications
- Strong knowledge of various types of motors, their analytical models for simulation and controls
- Strong knowledge of power electronic circuits, topologies, and their characteristics
- Hands on experience in C embedded programming, microprocessors and their peripherals
- Experience with FPGA designs and ability to read hardware description language
- Ability to understand schematics and PCB layout
- Hands-on experience of operating standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, frequency generators, signal analyzers, etc
- Ability to use test equipment to perform PCB level troubleshooting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 11 Oct 2021
Closes 9 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager