Senior Casting Manufacturing Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serves as best practice/quality resource. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead large projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Minimum 2 years of casting related process experience (preferably equiax castings)
- Experience with wax, soluble, and ceramic core die design
- Familiarity with RP pattern usage in an NPI environment (SLA, printed wax, etc.)
- In depth process knowledge of equiax casting processes (wax inject, shell slurry formulation, mold wrap, pre-heat/pour temps, post-cast processes, heat treat, NDT's (FPI/Xray))
- General understanding of process capabilities of an equiax casting foundry to provide direction to design engineering during NPI (New Product Introduction) environment(s)
- Working knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Ability to manage multiple and concurrent projects
- Excellent communication skills (both internal and external customers)
- Experience with high temp alloys (INCO 625, INCO 718, Rene 41, etc.)
- Ability to utilize available data to identify project focus areas to improve product yield, lead time, cost, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel, when necessary
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires significant experience in the Manufacturing & Manufacturing Engineering Specialist. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 2 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- 6+ years of equiax casting experience, including but not limited to, wax injection, solidification analysis, pre-heat/pour parameters (based upon material alloy), post-cast operations, thermal operations, NDT's, inspection processes
- VSE/SPS experience desired
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Full time
Posted 11 Oct 2021
Closes 9 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer