Vandalia Site Lean Leader
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
In this role, you will focus on projects / process improvement to ensure that products are manufactured with the appropriate safety, quality, cost and on-time delivery. In addition, the Lean Leader will:
- Create the lean vision and implement the lean strategy to reduce inventory, lead-time and waste throughout the plant. Reduce waste in both manufacturing processes and transactional processes that support production.
- Lead and develop Kaizen Promotion Team to improve Lean culture at the plant. Utilize influencing skills and listening to drive ownership and change.
- Drive lean manufacturing activities through at all levels of the organization
- Develop lean leaders at all levels of the staff. Using hands-on lean projects, teach staff lean guiding principles and lean tools. Lean principles include respect for people, assuring quality at the source, and seeking perfection etc. Lean tools include Gemba walks, Value Stream Mapping, TPM, Standard Work, Setup Reduction, Visual Management, Pull Systems , Error Proofing, etc.
- Lead the Hoshin Kanri process, which identifies breakthrough actions and long-term strategy for the plant.
- Utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short and some long-term goals
- Act as a change agent utilizing state of the art tools and data analysis.
- Establish and implement team strategies, programs and practices to achieve world class manufacturing inventory turns and process flow
- Engage multiple Business Leaders and support teams to improve processes at the plant. Manage Lean projects for Business Leaders.
- Advise and counsel leaders and teams on issues impacting inventory, work in-process flow, and site goals of zero delinquency
- Drive measurable improvements in productivity and product flow
- Lead action workouts and train personnel to achieve a world-class lean process flow
- Promote Lean Six Sigma integration utilizing strength of both methods to achieve business goals. Lead manufacturing teams in establishing product flow.
- Encourage use of Lean tools and lean behaviors.
- Champion change across the organization to foster the growth in Lean and site teaming journey
- Lead and/or co-lead site Lean initiatives and engage Six Sigma problem solving tools for process improvements
- Lead multiple projects driven from team engagement and site priorities
- Bring new ideas, motivation and positive support to all levels of the team
- Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, inventory and cost savings
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing / quality improvement or production support position (Including a minimum of 3 years of people leadership experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Manufacturing, process or quality improvement, people leadership, and project management (Including experience in Lean methodology and/or Six Sigma tools; ability to drive improvement strategies while coaching leaders through problem solving techniques)
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn , energetic, willing to challenge
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
- Full time
Posted 11 Oct 2021
Closes 9 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager