Engineer, Mechanical Design
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
You will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects, with guidance from senior engineering resources, using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Leverage prior mechanical design experience and broaden knowledge of one's own technical discipline to meet product deliverables within schedule & budget constraints.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Materials, Mathematics, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Early adopter of change, adjusting to find faster, simpler approaches that are impactful
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 11 Oct 2021
Closes 9 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic