Staff Engineer - HEAT Flight Safety
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
This role will partner with GE Flight Safety, airframe partners and sub-contractors to develop and tailor flight safety strategy and approach for an experimental demonstrator.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Integrates with GE Hybrid Electric team and external partners to understand system and component design, system integration and test approach, and generates requirements and data products relevant to flight safety.
- Leads flight safety strategy and execution with internal team, external partners, and sub-contractors.
- Coordinate safety & mission assurance approach and hazard analysis products with governmental agency (NASA), external partners and sub-contractors.
- Performs and coordinates appropriate flight safety analysis and produces technical reports as required to meet internal and contract requirements.
- Conducts component and product integration. All activities that span multiple components and products and are concerned with how to integrate for maximum performance and operability. Manages product and systems requirements, specifications and flow down. Drives validation and verification activities for the overall product/system, including system level testing. Responsible for defining product requirements for the module / component / subcontractors and partners teams. Manages interface between components and execution organizations.
Responsible for driving CTQ / Risk trades within the teams designing the components. Manages the overall product configuration and configuration control system.
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serves as best practice/quality resource. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires significant experience in the Engineering/Technology & Systems Engineering. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Broad familiarity with propulsion systems design, integration, and operation.
- Experience with design and analysis of electrical systems or power electronics.
- Experience with integration of propulsion units into aircraft.
- Familiarity with flight testing of propulsion units or aircraft.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to docum
- Full time
Posted 8 Oct 2021
Closes 6 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Flight engineer