Lead Engineer - Metallic Materials Behavior
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
In addition, you will:
- Demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment
- Utilize experience and expertise to solve problems
- Develop and execute objectives for self and others
- Effect short term and some long term business goals
- Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to lab personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project and ensure it is consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Design experiments and test methods for mechanical behavior of metals
- Lead execution of test programs with internal and external laboratories
- Perform statistical analysis of materials data
- Document results in the form of design allowable curves and communicate these to component design community
- Participate in research and development programs with GE Additive, GE Global Research, university, and external agency customers to advance understanding of metallic material performance and life prediction methodologies
- Participate in development of advanced testing techniques and life prediction methodologies
- Provide technical guidance to early career materials behavior personnel
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited University of College
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar engineering or lab environment
- Advanced degree in Materials Engineering
- Experience with mechanical property characterization of metallic materials using both experimental and computational approaches.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 6 Oct 2021
Closes 5 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer