Design Engineer - Ceramic Matrix Composites
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Design Engineer - Ceramic Matrix Composites will report to an Engineer Leader in General Electric's Advanced Technology organization at the Evendale , OH site. They will be responsible for the design, delivery, and field support of ceramic turbine hardware on one of General Electric's commercial products . This is an early career role.
As a Design Engineer, you will:
- Execute the mechanical design, analysis, and evaluation of turbine hardware.
- Develop technical experience and utilize analytical thinking while improving the quality of General Electric's newest products.
- Learn best practices in hardware design and apply them to integrate with adjacent hardware and the engine system.
- Acquire awareness of the competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate your technology area.
- Participate in cross-functional projects and present outcomes to technical and business leaders.
- Engage with supply chain on the industrialization of ceramic matrix composites.
- Be connected to the details of the ceramic manufacturing process and work closely with the team at our production facility in Asheville, NC.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Exposure to composites, ceramics, or turbine design.
- Exposure to computer-aided design and stress analysis software.
- Exposure to analytics and statistical tools.
- Proven facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
- Interest in being a self-starter with your eye constantly on problem solving and driving solutions.
- Highly-motivated, passionate and exceptional communication skills.
- Keen listener and innate drive to succeed.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 6 Oct 2021
Closes 5 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer