Aeromechanics Engineer - Mechanical Component
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
As the Aeromechanics Engineer, you will:
- Perform aeromechanics analysis using finite element analysis (FEA) and/or computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis in support of new engine designs and fielded products.
- Support and enhance aeromechanics tools.
- Define and execute test programs.
- Prepare and present technical information to internal and external customers.
- Document and communicate aeromechanics design, analysis, and test data.
- Share engineering information, lessons learned, and promote open dialogue.
- Prepare invention disclosures for technology that provides a competitive advantage.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data for assigned projects.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline with an emphasis in vibration, aerodynamics, acoustics, or aeromechanics.
- Master's degree or Ph.D in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of mechanical design and finite element analysis software such as ANSYS.
- Knowledge of aerodynamics design and computational fluid dynamic software such as CFX.
- Experience in aeroelastic vibration test, instrumentation, and data analysis.
- Programing skills such as Fortran, Matlab, or Python.
- Highly motivated, passionate, and exceptional communication skills.
- Proven teaming and collaboration skills.
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 6 Oct 2021
Closes 5 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic