LEAP Combustor Diffuser Nozzle Structures Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
The design engineer will work with a diverse team within the combustor diffuser nozzle module which consists of structures, combustor, and fuel nozzle design engineers. The team spans across the US and Poland. The design engineer has the opportunity to interface with a multifunctional diverse team across supply chain, engine systems, product support engineering, engine line program, and shop engineers.
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and support field issues and fixes for Combustor Diffuser Nozzle structures hardware.
- Support overhaul shop needs and lead repair efforts for structures hardware.
- New make manufacturing support which includes substantiating nonconforming hardware, improving the producibility of the parts, and supporting any quality issues.
- Work amongst diverse global team on a day to day basis.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, or closely related field of Engineering
- Mechanical engineering background
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Strategically prioritizes work
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 6 Oct 2021
Closes 5 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer