System Safety Engineer
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced System Safety Engineer to join the UK Product Safety Team. In this role you will help bring to market our next generation of industry leading Power Distribution, Controllers and Displays products by leading and performing system safety assessments across a range of projects. You'll develop and execute innovative development strategies and will establish yourself as a be a recognized expert in this specialised field, demonstrating a passion for System design and mentoring others.
You'll be joining a small team of specialists at varying points in their career which means your work will be dynamic and diverse which will keep your interest ignited, and you will play a key role in growing the safety teams capabilities.
You will promote a culture of Safety engagement across the organization, which emphasizes shared responsibility in achieving safe designs and establish yourself as an authoriser for safety related documentation.
If all this information excites you, read on and apply!
Previous experience in an aviation, or similar embedded systems development environment is helpful as it demonstrates understanding of working to rigorous industry mandated development standards; for example, ARP4754A. This shows a knowledge of working with complex system designs, for implementation in hardware and software.
You will have a relevant degree from an accredited university or college or an equivalent amount of related experience, and have direct experience performing System Safety engineering activities for complex systems, using techniques defined in SAE International ARP4761, MIL-STD-882, DEF STAN 00-56 or similar safety assessment standard.
Of course, it's not just about the technical! You consider yourself to have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the experience and confidence in presenting to peers and more senior stakeholders within the business.
You also have a passion for guiding, influencing and developing future talent.
In short you would feel comfortable in meeting the following which are considered important of our leaders within GE;
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: promptly shares critical information, speaks with candor, and contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
In addition to the "must-haves", there are of course "nice-to-haves" which we would consider advantageous but not a deal breaker;
- Knowledge of the following: ARP 4754, RTCA DO-178B/C and DO-254
- Knowledge of processes leading to compliance with industry regulatory standards
- Knowledge and experience of performing reliability analyses, Prediction and FMEA, on electronic and/or electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to apply engineering fundamentals and System Safety engineering principles to a variety of product areas (e.g. Avionics and Power Distribution)
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Comprehensive Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place fr
- Full time
Posted 6 Oct 2021
Closes 5 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Health and safety