Senior Engineer - Industrial Design
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prolific concept exploration and brainstorming through sketches, illustrations, CAD modeling, renderings, and excellent visual communication
- Conceive elegant, effective ways to address ergonomic and mechanical challenges.
- Perform research on design trends, appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics
- Drive Innovation in industrial equipment design leveraging new technologies and design concepts to keep GE's equipment on the cutting edge
- Work with marketing, production, and/or sales departments to create the visual and physical language to align GE's brand to customer needs through user-centric hardware design
- Strong communication skills; must be comfortable communicating and maintaining design intent to a cross-functional team from concept to completion
- Interface with internal and external customers to bring concepts to life
- Lead and mentor junior staff
- Bachelor's or Master's in Industrial Design from accredited college
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Sketching, CAD modeling, rendering, and model making skills
- Portfolio showcasing your work
- Strong interest in brand design considerations and design language
- Focus on human centered design thinking
- Exceptional digital sketching abilities
- Mastery of NX (including surface and advanced assembly modeling) and proficiency in additional CAD packages is beneficial
- Demonstrated aptitude in mechanical systems
- Knowledge of common manufacturing processes
- Experience in client facing role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- UI/UX/HMI experience
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 5 Oct 2021
Closes 3 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager