Design Engineer - Additive Component Design
- GE Aviation - 500 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
As a Design Engineer, you will:
- Execute the mechanical design, analysis, and evaluation of hardware produced using additive manufacturing.
- Utilize technical experience and analytical thinking to improve the quality of General Electric's newest products.
- Apply best practices in hardware design and integrate with adjacent hardware and the engine system.
- Maintain awareness of the competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate your technology area.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects and present outcomes to technical and business leaders.
- Engage with supply chain on the industrialization of components produced using additive manufacturing.
- Be connected to the details of the additive manufacturing process and work closely with the team at our development facilities.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Materials Engineering.
- Experience with hardware design and engineering drawings.
- Technical depth in additive manufacturing.
- Experience in turbomachinery component design.
- Proven facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
- Interest in being a self-starter with your eye constantly on problem solving and driving solutions.
- Highly-motivated, passionate and exceptional communication skills.
- Keen listener and innate drive to succeed.
- Experience with computer-aided design software such as NX and with stress analysis software such as ANSYS.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 5 Oct 2021
Closes 3 Nov 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer